Saturday, February 24, 2007

A UFO back on the needles.

Those of you that have read my bog during my rare posts and that has an excellent memory might remember a sketch of a sweater for my son in domino/patchwork knitting. The sweater has been a UFO for so long that I was afraid my son would have outgrown it but no, I think it still will fit him.
I have started the arms now and should be able to finish it during next week.



I do not like to knit this technique, I dont get any rythm into it, all this turning makes the knitting fractioned and feels very slow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mitz, I understand your frustration with turning the work every row on the blocks. I learned from a teacher to "knit backwards" which is how I do all my entralac style knitting. It is difficult to explain, but if you are interested, let me know. Kathy in Tucson, AZ kcqqltr@comcast.net

Mitz said...

Hi Kathy, Yes knitting backwards is a very good suggestion and I have trained but I do have problems with puling backwards, I just can't do it.

Mitz said...

Hi Kathy, Yes knitting backwards is a very good suggestion and I have trained but I do have problems with purling backwards, I just can't do it.

N. Maria said...

Very, very beautiful work.
I wish I was close enough to show you how to purl backwards! I taught myself to knit and purl back backwards by starting it on the WS and then seeing what it looks like on the RS. Do another movement on the WS, stop, see what that looks like on the RS; then finish the stitch without taking it off the needle and, once more, seeing what it looks like on the RS. I just know you can do it. :)